Re: TR6 Rear Bumpers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Art & Karen Graves" <denseboy@bga.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Rear Bumpers
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 11:32:18 -0400
The local club member has both
> a 1974 and a 1976 TR6, and he says, "yep, the 1976 bumper sits higher".
> "The bumper is about one inch above the line where black meets body color,
> and the overriders are even with the bottom of the tail light assembly".
>
> I looked at some of my old pictures of the car, in Piggott's book and the
> "Triumph Buyer's Guide" and  there is no real clear picture of this
> difference.  I can see that the overriders are higher on the 1976, but I
> can't really see the height of the bumper.
>
> Art Graves

Hi Art,

My '76 bumper fits exactly as your friend describes his.  I happen to have a new
'74 bumper also and it would set lower by about 3/4 inch because the mounting
studs & bolts are positioned higher in the bumper.  The TRF catalog suggests
that the rear body panels are identical after CF12500 (the '74), and the bumpers
were changed for  '75 & '76.

I took a photo, but you can't really see much from it so I  won't bother sending
it.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (just painted, now repairing damage from fender bender)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)