Gearbox Oil

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <jerrann@telus.net>
Subject: Gearbox Oil
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 11:07:58 -0400
Cc: <fergie@ntplx.net>
I was also concerned about using the GL5 which was about all that I could
find and was considering 50 weight Racing Oil when I spoke to my locally
owned autoparts store and he suggested using a 70 weight motorcycle oil. I
believe that it's Valvolene. I drained and refilled with the 70 weight and
the transmission works just fine. Yes I do have overdrive. Very positive
shifts. So far I'm pleased with the results.
My local autoparts store stocks it for the Harley guys and the bottle says
that it's for the demanding heats of Motorcycle engines.
So, this is another alternative to consider.
Jerry Van Vlack