RE: TR4: rough, now abandoned - non TR related add-on

To: "'Steven Newell'" <steven@cravetechnology.com>, greenman62@hotmail.com, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4: rough, now abandoned - non TR related add-on
From: Ed Quinn <equinn@airtreatment.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:24:21 -0700
Speaking of life saving.
I once was towed 100 miles from nowhere Oklahoma to Oklahoma city, while
daring to cross the country in a Renault Fuego.  Actually I had made it to
California and was coming back.  I think the "Ohio or Bust" painted on the
back was what finally weighed us down.  I remember thinking at the time that
that sign alone had jinxed us...not the fact that we were in a Renault.  The
kicker was that the one place in town that would work on the car New Years
day in 1991 actually had the busted axle in stock.  Go figure.  Similar
problem on the way to Cali somewhere in New Mexico, where the one station
for 500 miles we made it into had the fuel filter (same size as a beer can)
in stock.  Charged me 10 bucks, he changed it, and his wife gave us cookies
and cokes while we were waiting.  The luck has since left the building.  I
have graduated from Renaults to TR's

Ed