Setting up a Golf Scramble at VTR -- contact me if interested

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Setting up a Golf Scramble at VTR -- contact me if interested
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:49:08 -0600
Cc: "Wayne Whippo" <WayneWhippo@compuserve.com>, "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>, "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, "Lee K Janssen" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>, "Larry Morrison" <LaJoMor@aol.com>, "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Bud Rolofson" <Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov>, "Michael Cline (work)" <mike@mastertek-intl.com>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Steven Newell" <steven@cravetechnology.com>
To all VTR attendees:

I wrote to the list a number of months ago to ascertain the interest level
in golfing in the Rocky Mountains during or before the VTR convention in
Breckenridge.  I had several people who were interested as long as it was
before the VTR.  Well, I've gone ahead and planned an outing in a scramble
format.  Many list members seem to be arriving a day or two early - this is
a great way to enjoy the mountains, fresh air, and "high-altitude" tee-offs
(you can tell your friends you drove the ball 300 to 400 yards).  Also, let
me say that this is not being organized through the RMTC or the VTR.  I am
an RMTC member who is interested in getting a golf "thing" together.

Be sure to let me know soon if you would like to join us.  Here are the
particulars:

WHERE:  BRECKENRIDGE GOLF CLUB
The Course is owned and operated by the Town of Breckenridge and has the
distinction of being the only municipally owned Jack Nicklaus - designed
course in the World. The mountain terrain includes streams, beaver ponds,
native grasses, sage brush and natural wetlands. - True Rocky Mountain
Splendor!  <<<Trust me, it doesn't look at all like any municipal course you
have ever seen>>>.  Take a look at the picture on the web site below!

They also have a new 9 hole course opening this August 1st.

Check out the web site:  http://www.golfcolorado.com/breckenridge/

WHEN:   Wednesday, August 22, 2001
First tee time is at approximately 8:30 am, with a 4.5 hour round time.
Last group would finish at approximately 2:00 pm   (VTR registration begins
at 9:00 AM and ends at 8:00 PM on Wed. August 22, with the official VTR
Welcome Party beginning at 3:00 PM.)

WHO'S INVITED:  Anyone attending the VTR, either as a participant, or as a
guest, is invited to join us.

TOURNAMENT:     Best Ball Scramble play.  This means best ball played.  We'll
have the rules available when we get there.

COST:   The cost for the round, cart, and some tickets to use toward beverages
and food will be $115 per person.  I had requested that the course collect
payment over the phone via credit card, but they are unwilling to do this.
SO, TO MAKE THIS WORK, I MUST REQUEST THAT PAYMENT BE IN MY HAND BY JULY 31,
2001 - otherwise, I cannot make the payment to the golf course to pay the
$115 per person.  You are welcome to make the check out to me, or to the
Breckenridge Golf Club.  Email me or call me for address to send payment to.

RENTAL CLUBS:   They are available.  They are new Callaway clubs, with
graphite shafts.  Cost for club rental is $40 for 18 holes.  I would need to
know how many sets we would need very soon.

NUMBER OF OPENINGS:     I only have 32 player openings available

I look forward to meeting many of you at this golf event prior to the VTR.
For those attending VTR, but who are unable to join us on the course, I look
forward to meeting you during the VTR event.

Eric Conrad
TR6  CF52678U +O
conrade@qwest.net
Cell #:  303-667-3140