Of possible use?

To: "triumph_2000" <triumph_2000@egroups.com>, "triumph_herald" <triumph_herald@egroups.com>, "triumph_cars" <triumph_cars@egroups.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Of possible use?
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:27:58 +0100
Over the weekend, I've been doing some long overdue hard disk
management along the lines of file deletion. In the process, I came
across a number of Triumph related articles I've written for various
purposes and publications.
Most of them are irreverent, written tongue-in-cheek and some have a
looser Triumph association than others. A few have already been
published by some Triumph Clubs in the States. Several others may not
appeal so much to the non-sports car fraternity as they were 'written'
by Canley Girl herself during the course of her long restoration.
These exist under the title of "The View from my Garage." There aren't
too many pix (which the Bradakis list can't handle anyway) but they
are FREE, providing my copyright is
acknowledged if considered suitable and later published in Club mags
or newsletters.
Should I keep 'em, ditch 'em - or let 'em out?
I am not willing to release them to a website.
There is one article in particular that traces the financial
performance of The Standard Motor Company from 1941 to 1960 and has
many illustrative graphs. This may be of interest to a magazine or for
syndication and I'll supply details to anyone interested. Suffice it
to say, this particular material puts an entirely different (and
arguably more accurate picture) on what was really happening at STI
from 1954-1960 in terms of financial stability. Ex employees who have
read it entirely agree it goes some way to confounding a rosier
picture often
portrayed by another columnist as to "how things really were" in the
last five years before Leyland.
All these articles in MS Word (except the last one) are now dumped
into a separate folder that I'll send as an attachment to whoever
wants it and contacts me off list.

Jonmac
MG 4305 DLO 1970 2.5PI
"Loving thy neighbour" is fine - until you get caught

IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
The SLOW progress with 'Canley Girl':
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/