Just too nice.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Just too nice.
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:20:38 -0400
Cc: "Mark Hardin" <markha1@earthlink.com>, "Bill Fortenberry" <Theforts@aol.com>, "Fred Zampa" <fzampa@mail.maconstate.edu>, "King David Civ WRALC/LEAAA" <David.King@robins.af.mil>, <Margaret.Szeto@robins.af.mil>, "Michael Lyon" <mikielyon@msn.com>, "Willem VanDijk" <cheesepuppy@yahoo.com>, "George Foster" <gfoster@lanier.com>, "Joe Earnest" <jearnest@americasmart.com>
Yesterday was just too nice to pass up a LBC drive.  Our local club
(BAOG,British auto owners Group) usually tries to plan our fun runs, but
yesterday with the push of a few buttons we had quick commitments from some of
our members.
We decided to meet at the front parking lot of our mall and head south to
Montezuma Ga, There we would  eat at the Mennonite restaurant located right
outside of town it is named Yoder's Dietch house.  The Mennonites grow and
raise all the items used in their menu or buffet I should say. Man was I
looking forward to this. Our Lbc's included two TR3As one of which was mine, a
British racing Green Bugeye Sprite, white 58 MGA  and a blue 73 MGB. We drove
all back roads and through some of the best farmland in Georgia. Riding
through these area's you forget just how beautiful ones own region is, not to
mention how fresh the air can be out side of town. With the exception of a few
dairy farms we passed.
When we arrived at the restaurant there were only a few cars parked. Man this
is great, we are here ahead of the crowd. And it gets crowded. Perfect time
for a group picture. That's done, lets get in line. Then we spot the big white
note on the door. "CLOSED FOR FAMILY WEDDING". What a big disappointment, we
head into town. The only restaurant open in Montezuma is the Golden Arches no
thanks. We mount back in our cars and head back home, there we dined at the
good ole Cracker Barrel.  The meal was good, the comrade was great, the drive
was well you all know...wonderful.
Can't wait to do it again
Ronnie
p.s this was a great shakedown run before I head north to the TRF summer
party.