Re: Wheel Colour

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel Colour
From: "Michael Cook" <carrera@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 11:12:55 -0400
Thanks for the replies, Martin & Michael.
I'll give the Eastwood route a try unless someone has other info to offer.
Thanks again,
Mike
'73 TR6
____________________

Original Question:
What is the generally accepted 'correct' silver for steel disc wheels ('73
TR6)?

....it's hard to find one that's appropriate for Triumph wheels.  But
Eastwood makes a paint in a
spray can specifically for wheels called "Silver Argent" that I used on a
'74 Spitfire -- it looked just like the original wheel color.  They're on
the web at http://www.eastwoodcompany.com.
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)
Arlington, VA

....If it is a CF then it is a "satin silver" including the centre that was
black on the CC/CPs. This silver looks very different to the earlier silver
and I'm not sure what type of paint is used to get that finish...
Michael Gajic
63 TR4 CT23641 O