Paint Emergency. Maybe?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint Emergency. Maybe?
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 17:04:16 EDT
When this project is done (very soon), I will have the satisfaction of having
done virtually everything myself (with enormous help from the list of
course). But that also means I have been able to avail myself of virtually
every opportunity to visit whatever error is possible along the way.
Current crisis: Clear coat drips and runs. White base coat and the clear coat
has several runs in different places. It seems to me all I can do is wait
overnight and let the clear coat dry, then sand out the runs and put another
coat on. Is that correct?
My concern stems from the directions saying to put the coats of clear coat on
5-10 minutes apart -- is that just a minimum or does it mean you can't add a
coat after that time is past. If that's not a problem, then I'll be able to
sand and put more clear coat on still within the 24 hour maximum after the
base coat went on.
Anybody out there to tell me if this will work?
Thanks.

Jim
65 4A
CT54531L