Carb cutout at 2000 RPM Update

To: "Spitfire-Enthusiast" <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>, "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Carb cutout at 2000 RPM Update
From: "S Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 21:10:21 -0400 s.com>
Everyone,
        I just wanted to give an update on the Carb problem I had.  It
was cutting out after a while when I tried to go over 2000 rpm.
        I cleared out the fuel inlet to the carb with a gun cleaning
brush and pulled a great deal of white, flaky crap.  Also the filtering
screen for the jet was full of this muck as well.  I kept the screen off
and slapped the carb on.  Everything ran perfectly.  The idle was fine
and acceleration was wonderful.  I just drove the car 50 miles to get
home from my testing grounds in Virginia.
        Also, regular unleaded gas at the Texaco in Dahlgren, Va was at
$1.19, .07 cents less than Sheetz and Wawa.  I love price wars.

Thanks to Kevin, Mark, Terry, John Kipping, Joe, Patrick and everyone
else who gave me suggestions on the carb.

Slante,
Sean Twigg
'80 Spitfire