insurance value

To: dspence@oanet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: insurance value
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 12:26:10 EDT
Don,
my insurance guy said I would have to get a 'professional appraisal' for me
to get a higher (more accurate replacement value) coverage for the TR4. There
are folks in the phone book that do this.
It also doesn't hurt to be able to show some comparable 'car ads' with
prices. eBay references might be good for the current going rates. Scan the
'for sale' section and 'Table of classic car values' in the latest British
Classic Car mags at your local magazine rack.

OK - he's my guesstimates:
TR6 = $9,500
TR4A = $4,000 in pieces, $11,000 assembled

of course I think above numbers should be double - but then I'm heavily
biased!

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74 - CT22326L