* TR3A to Rack and Pinion *

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * TR3A to Rack and Pinion *
From: "Hotmail" <wbrazinski@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:16:18 -0500 FILETIME=[2E1A5C90:01C1036E]
Some info, and a question.

I have copied the US contact info for a company that provides new bolt on
Rack and Pinion conversion kits for the TR3.  Spoke to them today - they are
nice people and very helpful.

The conversion kit costs about $875 (I think) and comes (I think) with a
fan.

I'm confidant this is an excellent piece of equipment, but unfortunatly a
little rich for my blood given my current situation.

I seem to recall that the TR4 rack can be modified to fit a TR3 - does
anyone have any info?

I'm trying to plan ahead (way ahead!)

Wayne
Plainfield, IL

Info:

Wayne

I contacted PROTEK and got the information you asked for.  There is good
news and what I would call bad.

The good news is that they have an agent in the USA who handles their rack &
pinion for them.  They do not like to get involved from the UK because of
the strict American rules on steering mechanisms.  The agent is:
                             Ted Smith
                             British Auto Restorers
                             4002 Brandon Avenue SW
                             Roanoke, Virginia
                             24018

                             Tel. 540 9895121

The chap at Protek (Glen) said he thinks Ted has an E-mail address but he
does not possess it at this time.  As a matter of interest if he mailed it
from here the post would cost about # 50 and the unit would be about # 500

He has designed the unit him self.  It does not come from any other car.  He
said if you need any help to call him.

Hope This helps, sorry about the price.

Hope all the kids enjoy the yard party.

All our love