Re: TR250 brake lights always on

To: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 brake lights always on
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 16:19:17 -0500
At 01:02 PM 6/24/01 -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>I'm still getting things reconnected and readjusted on my TR250.  Today I
>hooked up the brake light switch.  Now, when the ignition is on the brake
>lights are always on.  I don't see any adjustment at the switch.  Do I
>perhaps just have an extra washer (or a too thick washer) at the switch?  Is
>there some adjustment possibility I'm missing?

When the button on the switch is in, the brake lights should be off. When
not braking, the button on the switch should be held in by the pedal.
Pushing the brake pedal causes the button on the switch to pop out, and
that is when the brake lights come on. If you push the button in and the
brake lights go off, then your problem is the position of the switch.
Sometimes just bending the tab that the switch is mounted to is enough to
make the adjustment.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58 (with TR6 brakes, pedals, brake light switch)
Highland Park, IL