Re: Hypothetical TR3A performance mods

To: " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical TR3A performance mods
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 01 07:17:26 -0700
>Yeah, TerriAnn, I bet that would about do it.  Wow.
>
>"Sanity check?"  Did you mean to say, "Insanity cheque?"
>
>Just out of curiosity, what kind of HP does a '3 produce when you do all
>that to it,

I don't know.  I've never put my TR3A on a dyno.

But I do know I can take a long steep uphill freeway on ramp from a stop
light and be at an indicated 70 MPH in third under at the top.     The
car is great fun to drive up those windy mountain roads.  And the sound
0f the TR4 cylinder engine above 3000 RPM, with headers, and a stock TR2
exhaust system (no resenator) is very sweet to hear.  It is remenscent of
a 60's formula 2 engine at the same revs.

> and what do you need to do underneath the car to keep it on the
>road?

I described that at the end of the engine description.  But in addition
to that a good set of sticky tyres from coker $$$ and a Quaife would come
in handy.  They are on my wish list.

I'm sane, I'm just not very good at it.

TeriAnn

My old car 1960 Land Rover 109 owned since 1978
My new car 1961 Triumph TR3A owned since 1986
  "Who could ask for anything more"

TeriAnn Wakeman               Marigold Ltd.
Santa Cruz, California        Web design, site updating, testing
webmaster@overlander.net      search engine optimization, graphics
                              and more

http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html