TR3 Stator Tubes

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'jernigan@prodigy.net'" <jernigan@prodigy.net>
Subject: TR3 Stator Tubes
From: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:08:13 -0500
Jernigan,

You recently asked a question about the differences between stator tubes for
adjustable vs. non-adjustable stator tubes. I recently when through the
process of replacing my (non-adjustable) stator tube, so I have some
information for you.

First of all, I have directly compared an adj. with a non-adj. and these
were exactly the same length.  The difference was that the adj. had a longer
slot, apparently for the longer tube from the control head.  I guess it
would be possible to cut the slot longer in your non-adj. in order to make
an adj., but I don't have the exact dimensions for either, and you'd have to
be very careful.  You might be able to trade yours for an adj. with a used
parts supplier who has one.  All the ones available are used or NOS.  There
are people out there who have them.  I can't remember who I got mine from.
Let me know if you need a name, and I'll find my receipt.

Hope is helps.

Warren Allen
1960 TR3A TS55177L