Re: TR2/3 Engine Assembly Q's

To: "Susan Blubaugh" <rblubaug@netnitco.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR2/3 Engine Assembly Q's
From: "Edward Woods" <fogbro1@home.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:08:52 -0400
Rob,

I have never used sealant of any kind on the figure of 8 gaskets. Never had
a problem. I'm not advising you to do the same, just pointing out that it's
probably not the big deal that the manuals make it out to be. In fact, if I
were you, I'd go with the consensus of the List and use a sealant. I have a
number of these gaskets available, so if you feel that the damage to the one
you have makes its use questionable, let me know and I'll mail you a pair.

One thing I am particular about is cleanliness. My rule is that if I
wouldn't eat off the part/surface, it's not clean enough to reassemble. That
goes for every mechanical part, not just the block and cylinder liners. Dirt
is the enemy of all machinery, to coin a phrase.

Ed Woods