Re: Coming down-continued, almost LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coming down-continued, almost LBC
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:23:34 +0100
>  Everyone has their pet peeves, and I will try not to rant too much,
>but the people who use a particular service should be the ones to
>pay for it, not me.  And while I'm on the subject of big government
>remember, every time a new law is enacted you lose a little more of
>your rights.

Back in the 80's I had to commute across North London in my Spitfire
(LBC content), even leaving ahead of the rush hour my journey time
was 50 minutes. The Local Government introduced a scheme where the
fares on bus & trains were subsidized by local taxes. Some regions of
a different political hue objected, & after failing to stir up public
unrest by complaining about subsidizing the tourists, they took the
Local Government to court. They won (mostly because the Law Lords
understanding of Public Transport extended no further than nanny
pushing them around the park in their prams). Fares went up & so did
my journey time, by now in a TR7 (more LBC content).

I know there are no simple answers, but if you could understand how
unbearable public transport & congestion have become in London you
would realize how important it is to find answers to transport
problems before they arise.

Sorry for the rant, but transport is a big problem for us here, & we
have a daily congestion charge on cars coming soon......
--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI