Re: TR3 V8 Conversion

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 V8 Conversion
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:55:33 -0700
Cc: DANMAS@aol.com, greenman62@hotmail.com, pethier@isd.net, paulwillou@socal.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
"Kai M. Radicke" wrote:
I can't argue with the desire to increase braking capabilities.  YOu can never
have brakes that are "too Good".  However, in Dan's defense, I have to
agree with him.  If you aren't adding weight to the vehicle you don't "Need" to
upgrade the brakes.  Want or desire is a different matter.

The argument about the engine creating more force has an inherent flaw.  Unless
your throttle sticks open, you are not fighting the engine's force
when braking.  You are only fighting the inertia of the car regardless of how
it achieved the speed that it is going.

Now if you are going to be doing the "fire burnouts" like funny cars do, you
might need better front brakes to check the car while those huge slicks
light up!!!  :)

Joe