Ever declining redline on TR6

To: "Triumphs@autox. Team. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Georgia Triumph Club" <gatriumph@gatriumph.com>
Subject: Ever declining redline on TR6
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:38:38 -0400
I've got a 70 TR6 that I've begun to notice a problem
with.  Rarely venturing into the upper extremes of the
rpm range I didn't notice until recently that at the
upper range I was starting to have a problem.  The
issue initially started about 4,500 rpm or so and seems
to be coming on at lower and lower rpm's.

The problem is this, basically at about 3,500 to 4,000
rpm's the engine will not rev any higher.  At that
point I start to see some smoke out the tailpipe and
the engine acts like it is burping or farting.

The car is running an Ignitor in place of the standard
points, but this is the only modification from stock.

Ideas

Thanks
Ashford
70 TR6