TR6 intake manifold gasket woes

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 intake manifold gasket woes
From: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:03:18 -0230
Hi folks,

Wanna hear yesterday's adventure?  Well, it starts last week when I had my
newly (partially) rebuilt engine out for a few longish runs (along with the
rest of the car).  Turns out the terrific oil pressure I now have was
proving just how old my head gasket was - leaking oodles.

So last night we put on a new head gasket and in-so-doing destroyed the new
"high performance" intake manifold gasket that I'd ordered for placement
during the engine job.  No sweat.  We simply installed the ordinary intake
gasket that came with the gasket kit that had the new head gasket.

Well it doesn't fit.  One relatively big gap and a few small ones allowing
air to suck into the cylinder thingies.

So my question: from whom do you TR6 owners purchase your intake manifold
gaskets?  Is there one type that fits better than others?  (The "high
performance" one came from Moss but when we inspected it after removal,
there were several areas that came darn close to the edge of the manifold.)

Thanks for any info you can provide.  And by the way - the new head gasket
still leaks oil!  Gotta love our little LBCs, eh?
Cheers,
Frank