Message from Internet

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Message from Internet
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 22:52:28 -0400
Message text written by "John Macartney"
>> I have observed this  behaviour in Britian
>
>Where the hell did you see that, Dave? I've been driving here for
>forty years and to my mind its conspicuous by its absence.

You have not, appearently, driven in the United States lately.  By
comparison British drivers are far and away more curteous and cooperative -
as hard as that may seem to believe.

>> and France as well.
>
>Ah, but our Gallic neighbours have stupendously fast reactions -
>though it has to be admitted that sometimes  isolated incidents take
>place faster than the speed of light and result in what can only be
>described as 'interesting comings together.'

Yes, and I'm sure that our teutonic bretheren also enjoy the occasional
'interesting coming togethers.'  A workmate of mine one day was bumped into
by an elderly lady who was being most careful by driving at a prudent 20
MPH.  The problem is she drove 20 MPH into the rear of his stopped
automobile.  Speed  may kill but in this case slow (and poor eyesight)
caused quite a bit of distress of the sheetmetal kind.  Perhaps if we had
more roundabouts and fewer traffic lights this wouldn't have happened.
(now if only I can work in slow drivers in the fast lane I will have
recapped the weeks news.)

Cheers and have a nice Sunday with Canley Girl.

Dave