Re: Re:

To: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re:
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:20:17 -0400
Cc: "Dan Masters" <DANMAS@aol.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I'd add these to my lexicon but here in the states a high beam (main beam)
> flash only evokes a one finger salute (if I am lucky) or a pistol
> (otherwise).

I usually use two quick flashes to signal a truck it is all right to shift
over into my lane when he is signalling. But mostly, when I am running on a
highway, I am over 70 to about 75/80, and if I'm in the left lane, I ignore
flashes- I'm going fast enough... What I hate is when some joker gets behind
me when I am behind someone else who is slowing the crowd- and they flash me
to move. What? Is this jerk gonna bore a hole through the whole line? When
they keep it up, I tap the brake just enough to flash my brake lights. If
they persist, I slow down. When I do decide to let someone pass, I usually
follow(at a distance) and let him be the ticket magnet. Saw a couple young
bozos in a Jag convertible do that one night on 95 where it meets 695 in
Baltimore- They had to fly past everyone, came past an on-ramp, and zap-
blues in their mirror.... Usually the clown is in a BMW. (BTW-I understand
traffic laws don't apply to Merzedez owners...At least thats how they act
around here!)

I am such a friendly driver sometimes...
Scott
Hiding in NJ lol :)