Re: TR3 gas tank sender unit removal problem

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 gas tank sender unit removal problem
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:59:27 +0100
Hi Dave, Pat
Just one word of advice, don't start with a small drill start with a centre
drill (a short bit usually used for making a place for the point of a lathe
centre to run) being short and stubby you can pull them around a bit if the
start of your hole looks off centre, also be aware that you have to allow
for the fact that what you see will include the start of the thread, you
have to try to visualise the missing bit of the diameter. (this is hard to
explain but if I got it right you will see what I mean) you could try
looking at the ISO drawing standards for tapped holes, this will perhaps
give you an idea what I am trying to explain. I have to drill out broken
bolts about once a week unless I am working on the foundry dies then it
becomes three or four times a day.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon