TR3 rear bearing block seal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 rear bearing block seal
From: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 07:36:49 -0400
Hello Fellow listers,

I am in the process of putting my TR3 engine back together.  My
question is what jointing compound have people used with succes
with the felt rear bearing cap seal.   This is the seal where the
Haynes manual describes installation "Soak the crankshaft rear
main bearing cap sealing felt in liquid jointing compound and
carefully slide the felt down the channel as shown in the photo.
When it is in the fully down position trim the end with a sharp knife..

The jointing compounds that I have seen are like paste rather than
liquid.

Thank you,

Roger

Roger Colson