Kill switch with Crane ignition

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kill switch with Crane ignition
From: pbrzozoski@netscape.net
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:56:29 -0500
I recently posted a question about using a kill switch with the Crane XR700
electronic ignition on my TR6.  The kill method I was planning was to ground
the negative side of a coil (which worked fine when I had points).
The general consensus was that it should be OK, but no one had tried it and we
couldn't be positive without schematics of the XR700 module.

I called Crane Cam tech support to get their position on the subject.
The Crane representive's response was that it is not recommended.  He did not
state that the module would smoke or flame.  He did state that removing power
from the module would be a safer method to use.

I guess I'm not going to ground the negative side of the coil.

Regards,
Phil
Pepperell, Ma.
74 TR6s