TR6 wiper motor paint

To: <conrade@qwest.net]>
Subject: TR6 wiper motor paint
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:10:57 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Eric Conrad wrote:

> It seems to me that TR6's had Hammerite paint on the
> wiper motors...
> Was the color a Gray, Silver-gray, or something different.

>From what I remember, they were silver grey on all models up to 1972.
I replaced my original motor on CG two weeks back with a salvaged one
that works fine. Like the one that was thrown out, the replacement has
a silver grey light Hammerite type finish. I did indulge the car and
give it a stainless steel clamping strap with a black neoprene shroud.
Not original but looks one helluva lot better.

Jonmac

///
///