Re: Rally clock etc.

To: greenman62@hotmail.com, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rally clock etc.
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:03:52 -0700
greenman62@hotmail.com wrote:

> You may want to check with local sports car clubs, old road racers to
> see if they have any old rally/timing gear to sell. My local club has a
> couple of old Heuer dash mount watches they used to use for rallye
> timing (before they went electronic)...

Good luck. Those are the ones, popular still with rallyists and show
car types. Makes for tough eBay bidding. I'll try to dig up some old
road racers, you never know. The equivalent of finding the untouched
TR4 in the little old lady's garage, who just wants it out of there.

> My Father-in-law has an old "Peppermill" mechanical computer somewhere
> in his attic. When I get some time I'm going to see if I can find it:)

I should have chosen my father-in-law more carefully, I guess. If you
think it's a Halda, get on up there. Those are making Heuer dash
mounted clocks look like a great value.

In the end, this year I'll likely install a clipboard, pocketwatch, and pen
and paper. Though new Bic pens are going for $5 ea. on eBay. ;-)

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO

///