76 TR6 For Sale

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 76 TR6 For Sale
From: David Hooper <dd.hooper@home.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 00:06:14 -0500
Good Day Gentlemen,

I hate to do this, but I'm sure you'll all understand.  I've reached
that point where I can no longer live with just a TR6 as my every-day
(almost) car... that and it's time to save up for one of those wedding
type of deals... all of which means I don't have the time to work on my
pride and joy.

So I turn to this list first... I've got a Delft Blue, 76 TR6 that needs
a good home and needs some TLC.  I'm the second owner, have got all the
paper work for the 3 years that I've had it, a number of the books
(Bently) and the original Dealer Brochure!

Anyway, I've got a number of parts that I haven't got around to putting
into it, but here's the scoop.  Frame is in excellent shape, solid, but
needs surface rust removed and to be tar-coated or re-painted.  Rear
Valance needs some metal work, right-side rocker has some small holes at
the front, left front fender has a wormhole the will need to be looked
after, and in general, needs some cosmetic work on the body and probably
a new paint job.  The top is in good shape, but has pulled away a wee
bit from the front on the drivers side, I've got the full toneau and
hood boot cover.

I've replaced the driver side floor pan, have a complete new carpet set
(half installed), new kidney pads with speakers, fuzzy door seals, new
velcro for the top, new clutch, master break and clutch cyllinders, air
horn installed, new heater water valve, and new rad hoses last summer.

Basically in very good, near original condition... at least the body is
all original.  It was appraised two years ago at $9,000 Canadian, and
I'm looking for a fair price considering I've put another $7,000 into
it.  So, I'm thinking $6500 US?

Please let me know if you have any interest, like I said, I'd love to
keep it and work on it, but I just don't have the time any more and the
wife to be thinks we can spend the money better elsewhere... and at this
time, I have to agree.

Cheers

David
Toronto, Ontario