Anyone with original factory paint?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anyone with original factory paint?
From: "Vito Pacione" <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 09:10:03 -0600

I'm getting my body repainted (finally). I had some question on some of the
body panel painting. My car had had some previous repair so I can't tell for
sure how factory paint was done.

My questions are about the bolts that were painted. I think that the front and
rear fenders were mounted prior to paint so that they were painted with the
body all at the same time. I have seen some restored cares where the fender
bolts were unpainted, but I don't think this is correct.

Also, as far as the doors go, I know the hinges were painted, but were the
bolts also painted, or were the door mounted after the body was painted. There
are also various other bolts on the door that hold some of the internal pieces
of the door. Are any of those bolts painted? I'd like to do as good an
original restoration as I can, so I would appreciate answers from people that
know their car still has the original factory paint.

I would love to see some images if anyone is willing to send them, especially
of the door bolts on the doors and door jambs. Thanks in advance for all your
help!

///
///