RE: tr3 rock shield in front of rear fender

To: "TR6 List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tr3 rock shield in front of rear fender
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:57:22 -0700
I don't have a lot of experience with TR2-TR3 models so please pardon the
following potentially naive questions...

Do these rock shields / stone guards actually do anything in terms of
shielding or guarding? If they are what I think, they are positioned ahead
of the rear wheels just behind the doors (?). Looking at my cars, I don't
see a lot of damage (none actually) on that part of the body. Is there
something about the early TR aerodynamics that makes these things useful or
functional? Or are they merely cosmetic? Were they offered on non-US cars or
just the US market?

Hope no one takes this the wrong way, I'm just curious.

Peter Zaborski (CF 58310 UO)