smart owner LONG

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: smart owner LONG
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 18:11:17 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Fred Thomas"
>Well since we are for forcast for a nice weekend here in N.Va., some of my
neighbors (5) wanted to know if we could have a oil change get together
using my pit on saturday, yes say I. I have been searching for leaks in the
"3" and just put the tranny back in and got the car back together this
week,
so i hook up the battery and nothing when I try to start her, then I
remember I installed a cutout switch up under the dash, whamo, juice, hit
the key the solenoid just clicks, dead battery after a 3 month layup,
charge
the battery, for 1 hour, still just clicks, my neighbor looks down and says
Fred, the hot wire to the starter is not connected, embarssing, is a small
word to use, all of my neighbors had a big laugh on this and I'm sure long
memories as well.  "FT"
<

Fred,

I'm sure all of us "experts" have these "slap the forehead" episodes.  Lord
knows I do.  Thanks for sharing.

Dave