Re: Why triumph won't be back.

To: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: Why triumph won't be back.
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:00:57 -0500
Cc: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>, Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
The problem with your argument is that just about every foreign car
company does offer roadsters. Even the latest concept cars from American
car companies include roadsters. People do want them. Same with
convertibles. 15 years ago, how many convertibles or roadsters did you
see? Only old ones.

Now I see both, all day long. Besides that, the government is going to
start taxing SUVs as passenger vehicles rather than trucks. Once they do
that, the prices will rise and people will loose interest. Remember the
minivan? Once it seemed everyone owned one. Now they're a lot less
common, replaced by SUVs.

I've always been a station wagon owner myself. My only non-British iron
is a 1993 Buick Roadmaster wagon.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -