Re: BMW "Z" and Triumph TR. Men's Cars?

To: " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BMW "Z" and Triumph TR. Men's Cars?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 01 16:37:03 -0800
> Laura noted correctly that there are very few women
> driving BMW "Z" cars.  Personally I'm not surprised.
> I don't think the car has much appeal to very many
> women,

I don't know what it is about the Bimmer roadster, but I agree it is not
very appealing (attactive).  But then again I have never seen a BMW in
the US that I have liked the looks of.

On the other hand when I saw the clip on the new T-bird I just had to see
more.  It reminds me of the original T-bird combined with a Speedster.
Being an American car the suspension probably sucks but I sure like what
I could see.

> Putting it in perspective, as I remember it was a
> rarity (and I know there were and are exceptions) for
> a woman to own and drive a TR6.

I can understand that.  It looks just like a box on wheels.  What woman
would want to drive an oversize shoe box?  Now the Triumph Roadster and
the TR2-3Bs.  Those have nice flowing lines.

Another interesting thing.  When I was chatting to the sales manager of
San Jose Land Rover a couple of years ago he mentioned that they sold
more Land Rover Defenders to women than to men, and more Discoverys to
men than women.  They never figured out why and thought it should have
been the other way around.

TeriAnn Wakeman               Marigold Ltd.
Santa Cruz, California        Web design, site updating, testing
webmaster@overlander.net      search engine optimization, graphics
                              and more

http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html