Back on the road..

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Back on the road..
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:29:34 +0000
Have to share this with the list as I had an amazing day yesterday:
Two cheques arrived in the post, I got a commission from a new
client, and the six made it back onto the road, 7 months after the
accident. Even the new tax disc matches the new paint! I've never
felt so good about being stuck in rush hour traffic, or taken so many
detours to stay in it (after having a blast in the countryside
between Potters Bar and London).

A big thank you to everyone who has responded to my questions (not
too many as I did so little of the work myself), and especially to
all who gave me encouragement when I was unsure of the wisdom of
rebuilding with a heritage shell. I hope to put together a web site
with details of the rebuild at some point, but at the moment I'm a
bit tired of site building having just completed a year long
project....

One little curiosity: Seems the temp gauge is reading high but the
fuel gauge is reading low. I thought this might be down to the
stabilizer, but shouldn't they both be misreading the same way? Time
to read Dan's book I suspect...meanwhile at least they are both
erring on the safe side!

Now its time to visit the TR shop in Chiswick for those last little
bits of trim - when is a rebuild finished? (The new 'How long is a
piece of string?').

Regards to all
--
William Davies