Re: Is Triumph coming Back???

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is Triumph coming Back???
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 23:23:46 +0000
>Actually, if you take into account the Saloon range of cars, Triumph
>competed head on with BMW. My 2.5PI looks very much the part next to an
>early 70's Beemer.

I seem to remember the Dolomite (sprint?) being described as
Triumph's BMW beater, though that was by a classic car mag. I'm not
sure if it was seen as direct competition at the time, my guess is
that it was, Triumph cars always looked quite upmarket, with wooden
dashes, etc.

In fact the Dolomite front end is quite BMW like in it's styling.  I
suppose we can safely say that it failed in its mission....
--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI