Re: tr6 with weber dgv conversion or weber dcoe conversion

To: Tr6pjw@aol.com
Subject: Re: tr6 with weber dgv conversion or weber dcoe conversion
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:51:18 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Paul,

I removed a set of weber DGV's & went a different route because of the
poor design of the Pierce (trap design) manifold. I was having
performance problems and through my search for answers I spoke to a
Weber distributor in CA & off the books he told me they were not to
proud of this set up. He explained this was originally  designed for a
Datsun Z upgrade but could be marketed for the TR's as well. The carb
itself is a sound product but using a down draft carb for a side draft
application leads to a "Rube Goldberg" solution.
If your making the change for performance reasons and drive ability  and
want a normally aspirated car ,I think the Good Parts triple carb set up
looks interesting.
--
Mitch Seff
74.5 TR6