Spring rate/sway bar

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spring rate/sway bar
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:42:27 -0500 (EST)
Staring at my two sets of rear leaf springs lying on the floor, my mind begins
to wander toward the possibility of getting a slightly stiffer set to handle
harder-than-usual driving, like rallying. Then I think, hmmm, that may
introduce a tendency toward oversteer, but, I did always want an anti-sway bar
for the front anyway....
So here's the question: what's the difference between installing an anti-sway
bar and just getting higher rate springs (at the same end of the car of
course)? I must be missing something obvious; it seems like you'd get the same
result.

Thanks,
Jim