RE: gasket seal?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: gasket seal?
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:22:44 -0800
I've never seen Wellseal, but understand it is similar to Permatex 'Aviation
Form-a-gasket' aka "gasket shellac".  This stuff made Permatex famous, it works
very well, but is a giant PITA to remove and clean up.

I'd suggest Hylomar, but any of the Silicone RTV products should work fine on
your diff cover, as the diff has no fine passages to be clogged by the 'strings'
that the silicone products tend to form.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - soaking wet today !