RE:Non LBC - Unusual request

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Non LBC - Unusual request
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 08:40:55 -0600
I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming response to my request for ideas
on a Pinewood Derby car.

Andy Mace sent a picture of a BRM V16 that I really liked so I did some web
research on BRM (British Racing Motors) and found some other pictures. I showed
my son several pictures and common Pinewood Derby templates and he decided that
we would attempt to do the BRM H-16 (or hybrid due to lack of pictures from all
aspects). It looks like it would be technically feasible to reproduce in the
three weeks we have to build the car. If your curious, check these links:

http://members.madasafish.com/~d_hodgkinson/photos.htm

http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/brmp56.htm

http://www.gothmog.dircon.co.uk/Page2.html

http://www.irace.com/pub/articles/racing/01formula1/000204cd.html

What I didn't expect was all the tips on how to build a fast car. Through your
individual suggestions and links provided, my son and I have a solid plan for
winning this thing with a British car (well it IS just a piece of wood). If we
don't win or even come close, we will have fun building a small piece of history
and my son will learn a little bit about the physics of friction, weight
distribution and how sandpaper works.

Thanks again everyone!

Mark A. Evans

1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO