Re: TR3 - "Dip" in front of Nose ?

To: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 - "Dip" in front of Nose ?
From: Dwbradbury@ra.rockwell.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:26:30 -0600 RAMilwSMTP01/Milwaukee/RA/Rockwell(Release 5.0.5 |September 22, 2000) at 01/04/2001 12:26:32 PM
Cc: "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ah, seeking a second opinion for your "nose job"?, sorry, I couldn't
resist.

"Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>@autox.team.net on 01/04/2001 01:04:31 PM

Please respond to "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>

Sent by:  owner-triumphs@autox.team.net

To:   "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
cc:
Subject:  TR3 - "Dip" in front of Nose ?

Well here is one for all the "purists" in our group ! (I think)

My nose is in to my body man to be brought back to life after a rather sad
past ! <G>

I am told by a very reliable source from whom I buy my parts that there is
supposed to be "Dip" on the top front of the TR3 nose piece. That is, below
the "T R I U M P H" letters and where the sheet metal rolls over the 180
degrees towards the back of the car where the front grill attaches.

As far as my memory can go back, I can never recall seeing this prevalent
in
a TR3. I'm told that most nose's have been filled in (Bondo) over the years
from body men (and women <G> ) who think this is a defect.

Would any one happen to have a snap the accentuates this "Dip" ? Does it go
the width of the car ? Do any of your cars have it ??

Thanks, All.
Pat (Again !)