Mystery Bolt

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mystery Bolt
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 15:38:56 EST
In putting the carpeting into the 65 4A, I came across a bolt in the bulkhead
that has no apparent purpose and of which I have no recollection of seeing
before. It is on the bulkhead, the head of the bolt on the inside in a direct
straight line forward from the accelerator pedal. It is (presently) attached
to nothing and I don't recall unattaching anything from it (though that
doesn't mean I didn't. I've been working this resto for about 2 1/2 years
now. The bolt protrudes into the bulkhead and into the engine compartment
through a welded nut. It sits under the steering column in a recess in the
bulkhead the bottom of which is roughly parallel to -- and right next to --
the top of the AC fuel pump.
Anybody know  what this bolt was/is for?

Jim
65 4A
CT54531L