Re: TR6 Aftermarket Wheels Identification

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Aftermarket Wheels Identification
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 08:39:11 -0600
From: Kai M. Radicke <kmr@pil.net>
To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>; 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>

> Well with lots of snow outside, it makes for a good day to browse eBay.
Thus I

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=532456124

> Any ideas on the manufacture of the wheels?  This is the second time I
have seen
> those wheels on a TR6, and I quite fancy the look.  Any info
appreciated...

You'll note that those wheels are 14". Long before there were Panasport
wheels for the TR's, it was common for guys who wanted after market wheels
to use 14" wheels that typically fit Datsun 240Z's. There weren't many
aftermarket 15" wheels readily available back in those days to fit the TR's
due to clearance problems at the tie rod ends.

I think but can't be sure that those wheels were made by AR. I do remember
that someone in our club had them on his TR6 back in the 70's and they
worked fine.

Hope this helps some,

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U with A type o/d since 1983
TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58 now improved to mid pack
Highland Park, IL