Dashpot oil thread (Enuf!!!)

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dashpot oil thread (Enuf!!!)
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 15:36:37 -0500
Listers,

I apologize humbly for re-starting the dashpot oil thread!  All I did was to
reply to someone who inquired about how much fluif to put in his SU carbs,
(fill until cap stops 1/4 inch above normal, etc.) and then I foolishly
mentioned that I use SAE20 oil.  The reason I do is that it's what Ken Ball
recommends in his Triumph book.

After reading some recent comments I think I'll try something heavier
though.  See?  It's probably good to repeat some of this stuff now and then.
It gives us ideas and it helps newbies to the list, too.

Let's drop it and go on to something else.  How about How To Center your
Carb Needles and Jets?   That out to last a week or two....

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B TSF263L