Sidescreen body mounting rubber

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sidescreen body mounting rubber
From: jgillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:02:47 +0000
Hello all
I have just come back from my garage after to days of fitting all my body
mounting pads, spacers and bolts to my TR2. It took some time and a
little bit of drilling out, but all seems fine. I used the specified number of
pads and shims from the workshop manual. My question relates to the
strips of rubber supplied which lay on different parts of the chassis legs.
With all pads in place the body comes no where near making contact with
this strip, especially at the front in the engine compartment. Is this normal
and if so how necessary are these strips. I see them as a trap for dirt and
muck on the top of the chassis leg. They are going to be tricky to fit
anyway, using contact adhesive I guess, so any advice would be welcome
before I continue.
Regards
John Gillis