RE: split dash

To: <CarlSereda@aol.com>
Subject: RE: split dash
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:06:53 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Carl,

The split grain is exactly as you describe. Most of the dash (facia) panels
I have seen at car shows are not split and matched, just a single piece of
veneer. I have never seen a TR250 or TR6 with split (mirror) grain panels.
Yours being mahogany is interesting...I understand from a recent posting
that wood panels were offered as an aftermarket accessory for the TR4 prior
to them becoming the factory standard.

Perhaps the one you have is just that.

Does anyone on the list have further details...

Brad