Re: interesting stuff found in tr-3

To: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>, TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: interesting stuff found in tr-3
From: Doug Liedblad <tidsales@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:34:06 -0800
Gary and the list

Yes the Santa Monica Sports Car Club is alive and the First Friday Nighter
happens the first Friday of every month. The FFN is a TSD (Time Speed Distance)
Car Rally.

It starts at the Bank of America parking lot (rear) Sepulveda Blvd. and
Devonshire St. in Mission Hills, CA.

Few LBCs attend. The FFN is the only local (Southern California) Friday Night
rally left and attendance is a fraction of what it used to be.  In the late 60's
early 70's we would get 70+ cars on a FFN.  Now if we get 12 we're doing good.

Anyone interested in more information contact me off list.

We call the plaques 'dashplaques' as they were intended to be mounted on the
dash.

FLIRT was Free Lance Independent Rally Teams and the Twilight Tour was put on
the second Friday of every Month. FLIRT now gone.  Canyon Capers sounds familiar
does it mention a club?  Other members of the club may know the answers to the
other rallies mentioned.

Thanks

Doug