gearbox top

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: gearbox top
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 12:05:26 -0500
Good morning,

I posted this question on the "totally triumph garage" with no answer.

Here it goes again.

I have just completed a re-build of a 1959 TR3A gearbox. The top (gear
selector) is broken at the shift area. I have a TR4 or 4A gearbox with
bad gears but a complete selector assembly. I noted that the 3 and 4
gear selector internals are different, but if I removed the selector
shafts and forks from the 3, would they fit in the 4 top cover and
therefore fit and shift ok on the 3 transmission?

Thanks and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and an EARLY SPRING.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V