* TR3 becomes TR3A? *

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * TR3 becomes TR3A? *
From: "Wayne Brazinski" <wbrazinski@home.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 12:41:43 -0600
Hi everyone, and I hope you are all having a great holiday!  We have about 2
feet of snow here in Plainfield, Illinois!

Notwithstanding the fact that I have a kind offer from a lister for the
repair of my post TS60,000 Tub I have a quick question for the group...

Another kind lister has offered his Tr3 tub to me, it is a 1958 in the late
TS30,000's.  Assuming it is in good condition, and bearing in mind that mine
is in terrible condition, is it possible to convert the TR3 into a TR3A?
His tub has all the parts and is pretty much rust free...

>From the wise advice of other listers, and my review of Piggott, I know that
there are the following differences:

1) Raised hinge mounting points
2) Modifications to the rear of the car - occasional seat etc...
3) Modified method of attaching the windshield..
4) removal of wood in the doors, and a change of shape at the corners
5) Placement of tenex fasteners.

Since the back of my tub is not too bad, and the front of his is OK, would
it make sense to split the cars and create one good one?  All that would
remain then would be transferring the raised hinge mounts and windshield
from mine to his, and seeing if my doors fit?

I'm ready with my Nomex suit!

Wayne
Plainfield, IL