Re: height of grill on TR3A

To: "Bernd Ingelfinger" <bernd@triumphtr.de>, " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: height of grill on TR3A
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 00 10:16:36 -0800
>does anybody know the exact height of the silver grill of a TR3A?
>I bought a remanufactured one but when I hold it on front of the mask it
>seems to be too high. Has it to be punched?

THe reproduction grills are indeed too tall and the grill holes are
smaller than the originals so let less air through.

When the reproduction tooling was designed I suspect an original was
flattend and used for a pattern.  The 'V' slats in the reproduction grill
are shallower than in the original.  THis equates to a taller grill with
less space between the slats.

The cure is to cut little diagonals at the corners of all the slats and
bend each one uniformly into a deeper 'V'.  Lacking that bend the centre
of the grill inwards a bit to shring the height.

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.