Re: TR's and cold weather

To: "INTERNET:odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com" <odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR's and cold weather
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 13:27:36 -0500
Cc: 1-TR8-list <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Message text written by INTERNET:odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com
>isn't it weird how the weather is screwed up these days...

You, down in jazzy and warm Saint Louis [at ~38 deg 23 min North], have
frost and +5 degrees F (-15 C), and I up here in Santa Land on ~60 deg
15 min North have a balmy +3 C [+37 F] and not a trace of frost, let
alone any snow...
Global warming, some say?!  I love it! And I want more of it, too!
<

It always happens this time of year.  The jet stream shoots north out of
the Pacific Ocean, into Alaska and Canada and then dips southward into the
centrer of the US and the Alaskans gloat that it is warmer in Ankorage than
in St. Louis.  However, later in the year things steady out and the jet
stream becomes more west-to-east and our weather moderates a bit.  But as
for now, I figure we are breathing Dave Terrick's exhaust.  ;-)

Dave