Wire wheel tube protection tape, a follow-up

To: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, SLTOA <triumphs@sltoa.org>
Subject: Wire wheel tube protection tape, a follow-up
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 13:16:58 -0500
Folks,

A couple of weeks ago I asked the list for a source of the tape that is
applied to the wheel to protect the tube from the spoke attachment points.
Several folks responded with British Wire Wheel
(http://www.britishwirewheel.com) and Joe Flake suggested Hendrix Wire
Wheel (http://www.hendrixwirewheel.com).

As an acedemic exercise I decided to buy a roll from each and since I
needed four tubes I bought two from each.  My experience with each is that
they are each very courteous and anxious to make the sale.  The tape itself
appears to be exactly the same and each sells it for $7.00 (US).  Hendrix's
tubes are $5 cheaper but they charge a bit more for shipping.

I guess the bottom line is either source gets my recommendation and
geography probably ought to determine who you use.  British Wire Wheel is
in California and Hendrix is in North Carolina.

Dave Massey
St. Louis MO USA